Grade 4, NJCJE SCP 20 – 25
Hours 30 per week, 38 weeks per year (pro rata)
Responsible to Head Teacher
To manage and control the school’s catering service and undertake preparation, cooking and serving of the food.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To ensure that food storage, handling, preparation and service are carried out to the required standards of quality, portioning, variety, value, nutrition, hygiene and safety whilst complying with both the school and Government standards.
2. Act as a leader and exemplar to all kitchen staff in terms of preparing, presenting and serving all meals.
3. To ensure timely and accurate completion of stock control.
4. To observe and maintain a high standard of hygiene, cleanliness and health and safety within the kitchen and associated areas, reporting any areas of concern to the Head Teacher. To comply with food safety regulations in all aspects of food handling, kitchen cleanliness (COSSH) and staff personal hygiene.
5. To order, receive and store deliveries appropriately.
6. Deliver promotional/theme days and taster sessions and to be ‘hands on and creative’ in menu development.
7. To be responsible for all kitchen staff on their day to day operations.
8. To foster team building, commitment and pride in the service provided.
9. To support children in making healthy choices.
10. To attend meetings / training courses as required.
11. To undertake any other such duties that is reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.
12. Comply with and follow St. Cecilia’s Infant School policies, including school Safeguarding policies and procedures and Equal Opportunities policy.
Please contact the school directly for more information regarding the application process.
Closing Date - 29th June 2018