Mobile Chef Vacancies
Food for Thought are currently seeking outstanding chefs for our expanding school meal service
For application for please contact
JOB TITLE: Mobile Chef
30 hrs £8.84- £10.11 per hour (opportunities for overtime)
Petrol or Travel Allowance will be paid
Skills/Abilities • Skills – To be organized and capable of taking responsibility for managing all aspects of a school kitchen, often at short notice, with its emphasis upon freshly cooked food that provides for each child’s nutritional and dietary needs. To have a flexible approach to hours and challenges in work at busy times.
• Abilities- To be capable of preparing food of the highest standard for all children. For this post to work effectively the candidate must be able to work with all staff respectfully as an equal partner in our FFT School Company. To recognize that all staff have skills and expertise that we can all learn from.
• Demonstrate understanding & commitment to the achievement of equal opportunities in employment & service delivery. To be aware of all the school rules and regulations as determined by the School Governors. To be able to work effectively as a team member with all staff.
Other • This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure
LOCATION: Food For Thought Schools’ Consortium.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To provide cover for all staff absences. To support the delivery of our menus, support all staff in a professional manner and to ensure a cost effective use of all food across our consortium of schools.
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO: Headteachers and Food for Thought Manager/Catering Manager.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• To plan, prepare & cook a variety of meals to meet the dietary needs of all school children. To plan and deliver a healthy and varied menu in conjunction with each school and Food for Thought.
• To maintain a high standard of food presentation using appropriate equipment in keeping with the Environmental Health Office/Food Standards Agency. To make meal times a pleasing and pleasant experience for all children.
• To follow a cleaning schedule this ensures a high standard of cleanliness complying with Health & Safety Procedures, Food Safety Act (1990) & Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995.
• To liaise with each school, FFT or any assigned Practitioner regarding issues of maintaining food hygiene actions and Health & safety requirements.
• To support safety standards within the kitchen area together with those safety standards affecting all kitchen staff.
• To support a stock control system to ensure that food stock is not wasted.
• To support the process of daily written records relating to storage temperatures of food products. To support the maintaining of all documents and records as determined by the Food Standards Agency, Safer Food Better Business and all other legal requirements and instructions that may be issued by either the Headteacher or FFT Manager/Catering Manager.
• To support all necessary steps to keep food costs within the primary school budget line of 60-65p per child as determined by the Company.
• To cater for special occasions including, parties, guests or visitors at or to the school as may be requested by the Headteacher or FFT.
• To maintain the school’s and Liverpool City Council’s commitment to equal opportunities & promote non-discriminatory practice in all work aspects.
• It must be understood that every employee has a responsibility to ensure that their work complies with all statutory requirements together with all procedures, disciplinary and grievance as determined by the school in which they are employed.