Assistant Catering Manager
Grade 3, NJCJE SCP 15 – 20
Hours 20 per week, 38 weeks per year (pro rata)
Responsible to Catering Manager /Head Teacher
Carry out duties as directed by the school and assume the duties of the Catering Manager in her absence.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in food production including menu delivery, food preparation, portion control, presentation and service.
2. Assist in the cleaning of kitchen and kitchen equipment to ensure set hygiene standards are achieved.
3. To assist in the operation of the kitchen and perform all aspects of kitchen duties as directed by the Catering Manager.
4. To assist in the maintenance of a high standard of hygiene, cleanliness and health and safety within the kitchen and associated areas, reporting any areas of concern to the Catering Manager.
5. Assist in the receipt and storage of deliveries.
6. Assist the Catering Manager in the delivery of promotional days and taster sessions.
7. To deputise for the absence of the Catering Manager ensuring that a quality catering service is maintained and that stock control and all ordering and associated documents completed in required timescales.
8. To attend meetings / training courses as required.
9. To undertake any other such duties that is reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.
10. Comply with and follow St. Cecilia’s Infant School policies, including school Safeguarding policies and procedures and Equal Opportunities policy.
Please contact the school directly for more information on how to apply for this job.
Closing date - 29th June 2018.